Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In Between Mysteries

The depth, truth, and entirety of man’s spiritual essence has been so thoroughly pressing upon my being that I struggle with the powerless but daunting feeling nonetheless of physically imploding. That reality of deep calling to deep overwhelmingly reverberates through my every thought, action, and interaction like the persistent rhythm of a tsunami. The more connected I become with people, both in quantity and individually, the more I am clearly and thickly aware of our presently complete but impalpably temporary state of confinement! We are eternal beings encased in flesh that expires, living in a decomposing world. An inevitable but hardly advertised consequence of deliberately “investing eternally” or “storing up heavenly treasures” is an accentuated and developing feeling of displacement. I wrote “deliberately” because every moment of every human’s existence on this earth is a part of eternity and is infinitely accounted for. One’s actions, words, thoughts, inactions, unspoken words, and thoughtlessness are not ineffectual; once in existence, they are not catapulted into some dark void that touches nothing. It is an odd and constant journey arriving to and living in the marriage between “no man is an island” and man’s solitude. Only through physical death can we escape completely from the essential need yet distancing imprisonment of solitude. The more I am loved and the more I am known and the more I learn to accept love and the more I know others and the more I love unrequited and the more I experience mutual affection, the more elemental I become which naturally fuels a fundamental yearning to see reality’s masquerade shed and for eternity to exist unabashed.

No comments: